PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Screeners Order Mom to Drink Breast Milk
Old 8th Aug 2002, 10:20
Awakevortice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While operating a US - UK flight last week, I met one of these obsructive idiots. A Milwaukee security cop jus' doin his job - he didn't want to let me go back aboard the aeroplane I'd just landed because his hand held scanner detected that my uniform clip-on tie had a metal clip. Had he to inspect it to ensure that I hadn't cunningly sharpened it?... with the devious intent of cutting my own head off just before the next landing? in violation of Federal Law? He asked me repeatedly "Will yo allow me to touch your person here?" In a litigation avoidance tone of voice before frisking one pocket at a time.

I spent a good 10 minutes proving that my belt, shoes and shirt wings were not made of C-4. I heard from an ex TWA pilot afterwards that if you become exasperated with their panto and turn down a request to touch your person wherever, you are sent to the special treatment room for an "interview" and the works.
Is controlling an aeroplane with between 1 and 500 souls aboard really that much safer with your nail clippers confiscated? They have lost the plot.

I would welcome an opportunity to reverse the spread of this virus of ridicule which now seems to have previously reasonable locations (UK & Europe) by the throat.

What can we do?