PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good job...
Thread: Good job...
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2010, 03:59
Fenwicksgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M89. Generally you are correct.
The strength of a union is proportional to the willingness of its members to fight when needed and most importantly the number of crew who are non members.
So if you are either one of them, you ARE part of the problem.

As for 49ers, sensitive subject i know but put simply, for right or for wrong the AOA leadership at the time made a hard call, put a vote to membership who ratified that decision, to stop financially supporting the 49ers. Some of the 49ers accepted it as well by taking up CX's offer.
The fact that the vote got through means the leadership had a reasonably good understanding of what their members wanted. I know this is not what you want to hear but this is the simplest answer to your question. (No i was not one of the AOA leaders)

This proposal would stand a better chance if all the non members got behind it and put their differences asside for one minute. Become part of the solution rather than sit on the side line hoping for the AOA to fail just so you can say, "i told you so".
No excuses guys, if you want things to change, this is the time and this is the fight!!! Join up now!!!