PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bernoulli was a Swiss Plumber.
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2010, 01:22
bearfoil

Brian Abraham

You have the big picture, try the small one. You don't get a tail, nor do you get a Fuselage. I'm in the tunnel at Moffett, the wing is mounted to "nothing", with only brainpower to envision a perfect response (retaliation) to each packet of energy.
You want a fatty, or a razor blade? I like things backwards, let me see it then I'll figure it out,

Oh, and no swing wing either Aardvark. Here: Only one wing, no taper, constant chord, mounted to an invisible spar that moves back with the aftward movement of Cl and its corollary. All the impinging energy is conserved, the weight of the wing is supported at all times by an invisible spar that can rotate with the chord of the wing, (but it won't, as you'll see,) and is ready at all times to "Lift" the invisible Fuselage, but it won't, etc. You can add drag if you like, it won't matter, it will always be counted invisibly. Increase the speed of the airstream all you wish, you cannot have "Lift" until there is an angle of Attack, positive or negative, all the same to our structure. If for one millisecond the system allows an AoA, it would be very bad, things would disintegrate quickly. Again, as above, the flying wing is nibbling at disaster every second of flight, it is phenomenal that humans could control it at all.

The only redeeming trait of the flying wing is that its angle of attack envelope is narrow, the wing can hardly go out of control over the top, but it will, if the hapless pilot is lucky. What the wing truly wants to do is reverse positive AoA for negative in hundredths of a second, it explodes from flutter. That's the un lucky scenario. I hope I haven't spit out the constraints of the theory and put you off.

Very basically, along with theoretically, I am trying to demonstrate that as the Cl moves aft, its bottom component (push) is directly under the top component, the "Suck", and the wing will not produce the desired effect per Bernoulli. The upward movement of the after portion will be met with a downward movement of the forward portion. Leading edge drops, and the wing will actually move down, That is not what we want, we want flight, and that takes a more complicated combination of surfaces. The "dropping wing has an AoA". By demonstrating how what is taught is actually theoretically opposite to the effect assumed, I think AoA is a better way to teach flight, from pushback to cocktails. With Bernoulli, students make a leap past some fundamentals, sometimes for a career.

bearfoil

Last edited by bearfoil; 28th Aug 2010 at 02:59.