PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2010, 23:07
fredjhh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CliffNemo

Cliff

I have been re-reading your fascinating story from the beginning, high-lighting each page and copying it to a separate folder so that I can read it as a continuous story. Then I will copy out Reg's story in the same way.
I am always astonished at the ITW photos, - they all look alike, and I swear I can see myself and some of my pals when I first look. I have not got around to sending any of my photos so far, but I will think about it.
Your Engineer training is as detailed as your Pilot training and a revelation.
I always considered the F/E was my right hand man, but I never knew how learned he must have been!
It is amazing how much I have missed in the 100 pages and I could reply to several queries over the years, before I joined this thread.
Weheka on Page 40 mentions and old friend, Charlie Chambers, shot down from 51 Squadron, Snaith, in June '43. Charlie was the only survivor and I did hear a story from a PoW that his Halifax crashed with all on board, and Charlie was thrown out of the windscreen. In later years he said he would recount the story but died before he got around to writing it.
Keep up the good work. fredjhh.