PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 27th Aug 2010, 21:31
Colonel White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today 18:37 MissM Wrote
See some of you on the 6th. I'm thinking of putting on yellow eyeshadow!
Presumably to show off the crocodile tears she will be shedding for the souls lost in Manchester. I take it then that MissM sees nothing distasteful in the proposal put forward. Makes you wonder how some people ever got selected as cabin crew.

On the duty flights I've made in the past, I've had the good fortune to come across decent, helpful cabin crew. On a late flight back from Nice I was informed at the gate that although I was in Club, there was no meal loaded for me. The crew on the flight said they would see if they could rustle me up something and I was really grateful when they managed to find a spare meal as I had been in meetings all day and was facing the prospect of having had nothing to eat for around 10+ hours by the time we landed at LHR. I get the impression that the majority of cabin crew are proud of their job and want to do the best for BA's customers. It is just a pity that there is a small vociferous faction who seem to go out of their way to play the jobsworth and tarnish the reputation of the rest. The sooner they leave BA either under their own steam or as a consequence of disciplinary matters, the better it will be for the rest of the organisation. I would suggest that the proposed action by BASSA regarding the upcoming meeting may blow up in their faces. If the company deems that the action of linking solidarity with sacked and suspended staff with the loss of life in the Manchester crash is bringing the company's reputation into disrepute, it would be unwise of cabin crew to adopt it as this is a sackable offence.