PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bernoulli was a Swiss Plumber.
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2010, 20:47
bearfoil

Hey! Since it is "vectored thrust", it is in the high speed realm of response. The directional control is quite authoritative. The actual size of the wing is unknown to me, my mission as of now is to present a model with my formal application. Have you been involved with patent work? It's an education. Did you know the Patent Office has no care whether the idea "works" or not? It only has to be new, not what's called "prior art".

I'm trying to think of something flying that uses Garza. There is a flying "Dish" that uses downwash as directional control, it may actually have appeared here, but in JetBlast!

in short, I left Bernoulli behind, I hope you don't think me arrogant, but Bernoulli was a genius in Fluid mechanics, and within a pipe, at that. If he had ever seen an a/c, (he didn't of course) I like to think he would be confused as to the aeronautical application. He applies in ground effect and up to 272 knots (arguably) but without AoA and a view of work that is lost on (some of) his adherents, (I am not one), his work is inapplicable to modern aeronautics. His theories are used to easily explain Lift to the beginner, but Nature doesn't allow a vacuum, (ever), and the real work is done on the bottom, not the top.

For the most part, NOTAR is "COANDA".It is first generation, and again, don't think me presumptuous, it works fine. I saw pictures of a groundy who walked into a tail rotor aboard ship. Except for the Mains, a helicopter is quite safe with NOTAR, how many lives and maintenance/parts has it saved? I'd like to see the numbers.

Briefly, Who hasn't heard/given the lecture? Each molecule of air travels either over or under the "airfoil". The top molecule has further to go and less time to get there, fewer molecules mean less pressure on the top, the wing "pulls" the a/c "up".

There are two fallacies in the opening gambit. First, it is in no way necessary (or even likely) the two bespoke molecules reach the trailing edge at "the same time".
Second, Nature does not allow "Pull" or "Suck". It is a fallacy of the first order as my first chem prof explained. "When you think you see a Vacuum, you don't, you just don't see the "Push".

cheers!

Last edited by bearfoil; 27th Aug 2010 at 21:27.