PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bernoulli was a Swiss Plumber.
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2010, 19:25
bearfoil

Bernoulli was a Swiss Plumber.

Please forgive me, I can't help myself, and this has been done to death.

I've been flying a very long while, even used to make good money doing it. More than the joy of flying away from a sunrise in a pink/orange hued cockpit as the Sun climbs.......

I can't not stare at the wing in flight, unless it's swept, that gives one a sore neck.

Years ago after flogging the Bernoulli debate to the verge of nausea, I came up with a proof which led to a sought for patent. After I had only spent 7,000 in 1992 dollars was I to find out that a man named Frank Garza owned the (then expired) patent.

Briefly, (or google Garza), replace the tail boom of a helicopter with a wing. Say a chocolate bar Piper constant chord draggy dinosaur. On a spar, the wing can change AoA relative to the downflow of the Main Rotor Wash. It replaces the Tail Rotor assembly, saves all the energy lost in transmission and gearing, not to mention almost no maintenance, and of course requires no "Watch your Top Knot, Jose".

Won't work? Oh yes it does. You've just not recognized it. I have a working model, proprietary of course, and have improved Mr. Garza's work perhaps five fold. (Never been too shy). I've added some captured energy, and included some nice unprotected NASA work I saw At Moffett. The Patent Applied For sits on my Attorney's desk, I'm out 15,000 dollars, and need an expensive proof/model built.

This new thing, I'm rather proud of it, and now my attorney will do the rest of the work on credit, see, he flew Helicopters in the Air Force, and he is my biggest fan.

I don't know if this is Modworthy, but I don't want to clutter up the 447 thread discussing making money. (If anyone brings up NOTAR, you don't understand the concept, or you are not a pilot).

bearfoil