PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 27th Aug 2010, 19:10
123breath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, I'll bite.......

Miss M,

New fleet style transfers of work have not happened to other groups because their costs are in line with the market rate.

BA is most definitely in a fight for survival, and most observers would say it is fighting the battle very well. The company accounts are in the public domain and by law cannot be part of some 'trick'.

The fact that many who voted for strike action didn't go on strike suggests that your support is not as strong as you like to think. In fact you must be aware of that as you are not letting the Gatwick Bassa members vote next time around......as they were nearly all non-strikers!

this is the first time ever in this company during a dispute where crew have actually been suspended or dismissed? That itself indicates what sort of management we are dealing with
............it couldn't possibly be an indication of the mis-handling of events by Bassa, could it?

You seem very sure that IF your proposed strike last Christmas had gone ahead and was 100% effective, an agreement would have been reached, and that Bassa would have won. But, Miss M, under your leadership Bassa have been wrong so many times over the last couple of years..... anyone who cares what you think must be crazy. You have cost your membership dearly.

We have heard these rumours about 90 days notice for a very long time. I don't trust for a second that it will happen because otherwise it would have happened
....................See previous paragraph

Out of pure curiosity I had a peek at the new PCCC (PCCC – Professional Cabin Crew Council) website earlier......very professional indeed. They hope to register 40% of crew in order to approach BA for recognition. With Bassa following your lead into oblivion the PCCC should see numbers rise very rapidly.