PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information on EASA FCL?
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2010, 15:38
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BB - if I understand you correctly, all you say is for use on an EASA aircraft.

What interests me is what EASA proposes to do regarding pilots who are flying ICAO (non EASA) aircraft on ICAO licenses.

I can't work it out. In the past, this has been worked out through some complex reasoning across the various proposals. Probably this:

There is, however, no method of 'converting' an IR issued by a third country.
is the key to it all i.e. an FAA PPL/IR will have to do the whole 50/55hrs dual.

All i know is that these "EASAcrats" are expert bamboozlers
Of course they are. The whole thing is a huge expenses-driven gravy train - oddly enough employing a large number of British emigre mercenaries

I had some emails with EASA on the certification side, and it was obvious the bloke (a Brit) was making it up as he went along, when he used the phrase "the world has changed" in reply to a specific question I asked.

A colleague was recently installing a fairly big bit of avionics, and EASA required some other bit to be installed in a specified proximity to the first bit. This was a lot of work and after a few months of haggling over details this man said "I've had enough, I am abandoning this whole project". Guess what happened? Facing the loss of fees, EASA climbed down.