PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2010, 14:20
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A while back Ryanair said they were focasing on EDI as they charges were low.
Hi Jamie, actually they fly for next to nothing from PIK but the market is bigger from EDI, this decision wasn't only made on cost. Can you link to a Ryanair statement confirming this? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't recall this ever being stated.

Brussels being droped as the route was increased from EDI
It's not a route which would be seasonal.

Gothenburg was on sale but as soon as EDI got the route it was dropped.

Paris BVA being reduced to 3 weekly was 7 last winter from PIK as EDI will now have 4 weely this winter.
My point is that FR seldom "announce" a route is dropped so a lot of what is said on here is assumption and conjecture stated as "fact" if you like.

The "city routes" perfom much better from EDI due to a strong inbound market that Ayrshire cannot match. This is why these routes are moving across the the East Coast. Given that Prestwick started off with the likes of
Brussels, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Dusseldorf, Paris and Rome as city destinations it's pretty clear that the focus for these kind of routes has moved as most have either been drastically reduced or removed as an option from PIK.

New destinations from PIK have tended to be more traditional Scottish holiday routes.