PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information on EASA FCL?
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2010, 13:03
bookworm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do we really have a reason to believe that the requirements for pilots on aircraft operated by those permanently resident in the EU will be more demanding?
Do you read the FCL proposal differently, Bookworm? You of all people should be able to get your head around it.
Well, we do have a reason now.

I have it on good authority that the EASA 'Opinion' on FCL (excluding medical aspects) will be published 25th or 26th August on the EASA website. The Opinion is the final 'technical' stage as this Opinion goes to the EU Commission for consideration by the Member States' representatives (i.e. part of the political agreement process, which may extend to the Parliament).
Opinion No 04/2010 of the European Aviation Safety Agency of 26 August 2010 for a new Commission Regulation on personnel requirements laying down Implementing Rules for Pilot Licensing.

Draft Regulation on Part-FCL

Article 1
Objective and scope
This Regulation establishes common technical requirements for:
1. the licensing, training and testing of pilots involved in the operation of aircraft referred to in Article 4(1)(b) and (c) of the Basic Regulation;

Article 3
Pilot licensing
Personnel referred to in Article 1 shall be qualified in accordance with the provisions of Annex I to this Regulation, hereon referred to as Part-FCL.

(Article 4(1)(c) of the BR applies to "Aircraft ... registered in a third country and ... used into, within or out of the Community by an operator established or residing in the Community;")