PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2010, 10:28
meadowbank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John Purdey,

In response to my recent lengthy submission, you simply asked:
Meadowbank. I think you might do well to take the hint from so many other contributers, including me, that this whole story should now be allowed to rest until we see the findings of the new Inquiry; do you not agree?
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you weren't being patronising, but I'm afraid I don't agree and it is disappointing that one as eloquent as yourself has once again not offered us all the benefit of a constructive response.

If the MoD had overturned the finding of Gross Negligence when no grounds were found for it by the House of Lords Select Committee , we (the campaigners) would have all given ourselves a big pat on the back and gone away. However, because the MoD has continued to defend what amounts to a manslaughter conviction on Messrs Tapper and Cook, further digging has uncovered a horrible mess that threatens to implicate many senior officers who were complicit in hurrying the immature Chinook Mk2 into service.

With best wishes,

Meadowbank

PS. The asssumption that the pilots were negligent because they flew into a hill covered in cloud is akin to assuming a body floating face-down in a swimming pool has drowned. But then, you wouldn't make that mistake, would you?

Last edited by meadowbank; 27th Aug 2010 at 11:45. Reason: PS added.