PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2009/10 season
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2010, 07:56
soaring.high

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Vortex.Thing,
Great post sir !! Appreciate your effort to help the newbes (like myself !!) out. I wont make you wait for 5 years to inform you that yes you are correct and right on the money !! I did not find your post to be harsh rather I found it to be quite informative.Apologies if you had to work/search extra bit to find out all my Posts/Questions/Doubts.
I know that trevelling to Bots in search of a job is like taking a chance.There is no gurantee that I shall find a job for sure and I am willing to take a chance.If I dont get a job then I'll think I took a vacation of 60 days and explored Maun /Bots and had a great time with chaps flying there (will get to know at least something from them which will enhance my knowledge about aviation!!).Yes sir you are right havent flown after Nov'08 which is a big negative point and that is why I have decided to log a few hours before I head towards Maun.I know heading towards US for just few flight is a foolish option and that is why I have kept it as a very last option.I have been searching for N registerd A/C out side US (on FAA web site) and havent been successful.No sir I am not that wealthy to travel across atlantic just for a few flights.I wanted to do an Instrument Proficiency Check (IPC) but I can do it later since it is not required in Bots.
Regards
S.H