PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots of Australia - time to unite - Meeting Aug 23
Old 27th Aug 2010, 07:15
hueyshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good points but where to from here?

The previous few posts (and pages of posts) raise excellent points about the message that needs to get through to Joe and Jane Bloggs.

People have also commented that Pilots are not very good at communicating some of these ideas in a way that will have a positive result for themselves.

So professional PR people are required (I haven't said anything new so far, just paraphrasing).

I'm going out on a limb here - Have the AIPA and ALPA etc taken this on board and are there people working on this? So far, the media has reported what they've wanted to with respect to the position of Jetstar pilots and pilots in general but its been pretty diluted. On the other hand, as has been mentioned, the spin doctors at Jetstar and misc have probably been working overtime...

AIPA, ALPA, What is being done to get the message across? Some of the points that have been made on this forum are excellent and are widely supported. What is being done to package these points in a media friendly and public friendly manner to garner support from outside the industry?

I'm sure a lot of people will be happy to financially contribute to this cause (send me an address and I'll send you a cheque) so the message can get across and the right people can be hired to represent these issues in the media (ie: professional PR folks).

With respect to NZ as a ''haven'' for airlines/jetstar wanting to pay crap wages. Has anything been done to address this issue? Toward the beginning of the thread, someone remarked that there's Jetstar pilots in CH flying the same routes as Oz based pilots and getting paid a lot less. How does the company defend this and surely this should be an issue to raise (alongside singapore and vietnam). If only ALPA would/could do something similar in NZ.

Last edited by hueyshuffle; 27th Aug 2010 at 07:27.