PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2010, 05:12
FluidFlow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Location of AF447?

I am only 3 pages behind so sorry for the thread drift (It has been a busy week). Thanks for the feedback on my previous post. I have updated the FODDA drift graphs to include some of the suggestions. There are now 4 Nm (30 sec @ 480 knots) circles from the LKP. The max and min body drift area is shown about the nominal centreline. The SAR slick bifurcated angles have been projected back 20 Nm but located from what I believe is the most likely location of impact with the water. The blue line to the west is the ‘incoming’ angle of the lighter right side of the slick (54 deg off horizontal). The dark left side of the slick is made up of 3 sections basically a near vertical (85 deg) top and bottom section with the centre third at 65 deg. I have shown both these angles. The 85 deg line coincides closely with the body drift centreline. The 65 deg line is way out to the east. This may imply the most likely location is a bit further to the left than calculated by FODDA. I still have to look at the probability of other locations.
Regards
FF