PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simulator
Thread: Simulator
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2002, 02:20
shortly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FCP, I understand your confusion. But they are correct and a practice in another 747 sim may or may not be a help to you. I suggest if you think it will be then it will be, cos if you don't do it and then bomb out you will wish you had. I don't know what you are flying now, probably really competently - and a heavy big jet is just an aeroplane, but a great big mother with tons of inertia and a couple of other vagaries. If you flew accurately and precisely the same all through the session you would ace it in. But I have never seen that event, actually nearly once and that pilot was a lady and she was employed. The usual form is to start off a bit dicky, the check pilot will then give a few tips and it's back to you to show improvement. The test is quite objective with marks being allocated against obvious things. As with all tests, however, they are never as objective as we wish they could be. I wish you luck there is nothing wrong with a bit of self assurance my friend. You need it in this world.