PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RUMOUR - NZ Loan-funded Training to be slashed...
Old 26th Aug 2010, 09:01
GoDirect

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Burn the Blue - With respect to my earlier comment re sub-standard training, I do accept your comment above that there has been in some cases a reduction in the standards of some of the students. But where I would also stand by my comment on the training, is that in some of the "sausage factories" there has definitely been an upsurge in the most recent graduates training the new students. Yes, the industry has always had newer and lesser experienced instructors training students, but it seems to have proliferated like never before with the large numbers of people going through training. Whilst I hesitate to use your expression "back in my day" the simple facts of the matter were that most of us were doing our CPL's IR's etc with extremely experienced long term instructors - and the extra knowledge that they were able to pass on was of great benefit. Everybody has to start somewhere, but I think it's fair to say that in some quarters there has been a diluting of instructional experience.