PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast City Job
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2002, 00:04
Standard Noise
StandupfortheUlstermen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surface Wind - no worries me old spud, us North Down "steel rods" are just more laid back obviously, we have to be if we're going to let McCartney represent us! (Damn, religion and politics in the same sentence, sorry Danny )

Canberra, on your first point, you must drink in the wrong pubs. Same thing happened to me and a few friends once in a pub in Birmingham, round Digbeth way, during an England/Ireland rugby match. The tw@ts obviously assumed we would gladly give just because one of the lads was wearing an Irish rugby top. The only English one among us whispered something along the lines of us being members of the local constabulary into the ears of the collector. He did a swift runner. Job done.

On your third point, Linfield (Irish League) signed a catholic player about the same time as Rangers, most of their supporters didn't give a toss as long as he scored every Saturday. Anyone who throws an Ibrox season ticket in the bin should be taken away by the men in white coats. He was obviously a bit of a tit.

BTW with so many people having died or been injured as a result of crowd trouble in England, I think I'd rather go to a game in Scotland.

PS Was that dear old Gul Dukat agreeing with me back there?? I think I need more beer!

Last edited by Standard Noise; 8th Aug 2002 at 00:10.