PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2010, 23:21
bearfoil

It is not a scenario, it is not that developed, but I do mention that the VS left the a/c well into ACARS (and perhaps after it went quiet and at cruise altitude), or thereabouts. It left with critical antennage, so it left late. ACARS, to have been well enough developed but preclude a descent of a final nature, meant the a/c carried on at some a/s and alt. Those numbers are wet, but not forgotten. The arc of discovery of the remains is somewhere between LRP and M.82 rate plus, in a widening curve North and South of the area not investigated.

LRP, not LKP, like ACARS everything of value has only a percent value of what is real.

It is possible 447 set up in some kind of stubborn Phugoid, on "course", but altitude unpredictable. This would explain ACARS being received until TOD (Upset, leading to total and permanent LOC).

edit mm43: as above, you assume Engine problems. At the beginning of the first thread, that was dismissed, now it is a given? PJ2 was first to answer my supposition of asym. thrust and engine Stall. Since that time, I think too much has been made of engine failure, especially in the absence of evidence to support it.

You assume too much. "After the Fact" is after "Upset" (see Phugoid). I do not specify "Break Up" of any kind prior to last reception of ACARS. You are putting words into my keyboard.

02:14:28 is the time I accept as well, where have I disagreed with ACARS? I disagree only with your explanation of what you think I wrote.

"Upset" is different from "Loss of Control" is different from "Phugoid" is different from "Break-Up".It seems a fair bet to assume loss of bits after "Cabin Vertical...." which was the LAST of ACARS. I'm trying to locate where I have posted that 447 did anything without power, or supernatural, as far as that goes. I stipulate that the airframe was intact until 02:14:28. What it was doing during is within what I have described is the capability of an intact 330.

cheers bear

Last edited by bearfoil; 25th Aug 2010 at 23:50. Reason: ongoing spleling and K