PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Work in Brazil
Thread: Work in Brazil
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2010, 22:41
Soave_Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have plenty of pilots, I personally know quite a few unemployed, mainly bacause of the low time.
And it's hard to find a IFR rated because of the rules here... check ride and training must be performed in a real IFR ship... unlike in the USA for example. So, basically no one can afford it.
You pretty much have to go in the offshore biz without that hoping the the company will get you IFR certified, and that costs them money, a lot actually, that's where they come up with the "not qualified pilots". The whole system is a mess... believe it or not.

So now they want to hire pilots from overseas where they already have that. Whereas the government should just change that nonsense regulation.

And the agency in charge of the aviation here (ANAC) more like the FAA in the USA, is a mess as well, you can never get a hold of them, and anything you want to do it takes forever. It took me over 4 months to convert my FAA license to the Brazilian one.

And after that i took the ICAO english test and they rated me as level 4!?! I was like are you serious? I speak and write fluently, even better than the person who tested me!!