PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female Helicopter pilots.....
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2010, 21:20
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whirls
How many of the women whose photos have been posted here, have given their permission?
#23 Desiree Horton
High profile in LA. Numerous pics on the web and articles about her in various magazines.
Her website 'The Adventures of Chopper Chick!' includes an interesting account of "how I started and got where I am today."

#28 Capt. Wendy Lawrence
Pic from Wikipedia. Numerous others on the internet.
US Navy helicopter pilot, engineer and NASA astronaut.

#29 Plank Cap’s wife

#32 Stacy Sheard
Numerous photos on the net.
Uses the pic posted by Hell Man as the intro to her Sky Muffin website. ('Sky muffin' is American slang for an attractive female flight attendant.)
Interesting career from Russian Military Intelligence Analyst and then Blackhawk & Huey pilot in the US Army, via EMS, corporate and film work, to her current job as a Production Test Pilot for Sikorsky at the Keystone facility in Pennsylvania.

#37 Maj. Tammy Duckworth
Numerous photographs on the internet
Lost the lower part of both legs when her Black Hawk was hit by a rocket propelled grenade fired by Iraqi forces resisting the occupation. Several awards including the Purple Heart and Air Medal. Ran for Congress in 2006, narrowly losing to her Republican opponent. Declined medical retirement to continue her service in the Illinois Army National Guard
Has just (this month) obtained a fixed-wing license.

#38 Capt. Kimberly Hampton
Numerous photographs on the internet
US Army pilot killed in Iraq in Jan 2004 when her Kiowa Warrior was shot down. First woman military pilot in US history to be shot down and killed as a result of hostile fire. Posthumously awarded the Bronze Star, Air Medal, and Purple Heart.

#41 Talia Santiago
I got to know BlenderPilot well when I was the Rotorheads Mod and he provided the monthly calendar. I respect him and am confident he would not have posted the photographs if the pilot objected.

#52 Sgt. Julie Wiles
Joined the Army as a student nurse, qualified as a pilot in 1997 and selected for the Blue Eagles display team in 2001. Lots of publicity (incl pics) at the time.

#63 Capt. Jennifer Harris
US Marine Corps pilot killed in 2007 when her CH-46 went down during her third tour in Iraq. Numerous photos on the net.