PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2010, 18:37
jpthomas72

Merkel's tax - again: 16 Euros for any FR return

This was probably mentioned before, but unofficially the current plan is according to FAZ newspaper: 8 Euros per passenger per leg for Germany and Europe, 25 Euros for 'mid-range' (e.g. Africa but I guess not the north - not sure about Canaries, also Middle-East), 45 Euro everything else (transatlantic, Asia etc.). No tax at all for freighters (draw your own conclusions). So I presume they take this for arriving and departing passengers ? Hm, at least in UK, it's just for departing. So effectively, the UK tax is lower. I'm now seriously planning to move from FRA/HHN/CGN to LUX for my LON flights as Merkel doesn't govern Luxembourg . Ironically, LH's biggest enemy EK will therefore only have 50 Euros per return ticket e.g. to China connecting in DXB, while LH's direct flight would have 90 Euros tax. I heard the connecting flight would be exempt (i.e. MAN->FRA->PVG the same as FRA->PVG). LH lobbyists, please, is this all you can do ? So that's 16 Euros for a return on FR, possibly bearable as long as the competition has to pay the same.