PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What makes you feel better after "thanks but no thank!"??
Old 7th Aug 2002, 22:56
penny_benjamin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luv,
Since I was old enough to start applying for the dream, when the min. age was 21 ! I have gone thru six mths on. six mths off of applying.
After trying so hard to make the resume perfect and then getting through interviews, I could not understand what was wrong with me...I had the passion, the determination.
I have had jobs that cover customer service, food and beverage, I covered every base and every condition I needed to get in, but wasn't getting anywhere.
Then I met a lovely lady in Melb, who has had unlimited experience in the avaition industry and she put me on the better path. Set up my resume, went thru interview questions with me. I even asked her if I was wasting my time and she didn't think I was right for that career that she should tell me and let me get over it!
But she was confident that I had the personality and experience to make it... After each rejection I gave up for six mths and prolly missed heaps of opportunities but my confidence was shot. In the big scheme of things I believe that **** happens for a reason, so the last time i went to interviews I was determined to pump up the confidence. I did all the study on every aspect of the airline and was ready to rock! I have never felt so confident with an interview but I prayed that my instincts were right and I had a good feeling... I got accepted and I cried. It was the best moment of my life...I took the big step of leaving family and friends to "chase the dream" and I'm living it baby!!!
Just goes to show, you should never give up...If you want ur dream so badly, you won't let anyone stand in ur way. It took me eight years but I made it.
Good luck everyone...