PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice after finishing training - what do I do next (Merged)
Old 25th Aug 2010, 16:01
Dave_t6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there any good news?!

I have wanted to become an airline pilot for over a decade and after working hard to achieve a good education the methods of getting into the profession are disgraceful! That being said the thought of working in an office or trade for the rest of my time isn't appealing either.

I have seen some good advice on this thread, there are so many rumours going around about the big FTO's i was wondering if there are any cadets that have graduated that have any advice.

Has anyone come out of CTC, FTE or OAA with a job offer that doesn't require a self sponsored type rating?

Putting up another £15-20,000 towards a Ryan air type rating would be out of my reach and I would not consider training if that was the only route.

Even the CTC wings cadet scheme that start with Easy jet, they pay around £8,000 towards the type rating and then the rest comes out of their earnings. Are you still able to pay off your loan, (650p/m) while working for Easy? Or working for Flexicrew?

Any advice is useful.
I hear that international traffic volumes are returning quite quickly and that the large carriers are taking on a number of pilots next year, which should free up some space for low hour FO's.

Good luck, Stay strong!!