PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - swinburne uni/oxford aviation academy pilot training course
Old 25th Aug 2010, 14:22
charles321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charles, as a first year at Oxford and having done much research on flying schools in the Melbourne vicinity; I have received nothing but professional and quality training from Oxford Aviation Academy Moorabbin. It is obvious that you have some clear grudge with the flying school, you are constantly complaining about training quality, maintenance and administration- time to wake up mate.

An unservicibility on an aircraft does not count as poor maintenance, you will find most aircraft around the world from gliders to Airbus A380s have some unservicibilities at some time. If you are serious about the aviation industry- get used to it!

I have developed a great relationship with the staff at Oxford and have found that if you work with them, they will work with you. Perhaps if you gave them a chance and put some time and effort in you might get results? I don't mean to try insult you or anything but I feel like you might be going too hard on the organisation, they are simply trying to provide the best service they can, and doing a fair job at it too.

If you have the option to go somewhere else, please go ahead, but there is no use in complaining about it- it's not going to change just for you.
Well done with your research mate(plenty of schools look good on paper), as a first year, i highly doubt you have much to stand on, getting to PPL is not too hard training wise. If you havn't been elsewhere you don't have much to compare it too so you would not really understand where I am coming from. If you would like for me to properly go through my opinions with you, please feel free to pm me and I will talk with you at school.

I have been at oxford for 1.5 years now, and had a PPL to start with, i am still no where near close to sitting my CPL(even with the aid of actual cash from my pockets to get things going) so yeah..... gave them a decent chance in my opinion. Now I am fed up.