PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2009/10 season
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2010, 13:18
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Get on with it!!!

Soaring High

Sorry to take so long to reply work beckoned just getting reacquainted with my time zone.

Coincidentally flew directly over Maun on way to and from Jo'Burg not that long ago. I have no direct experience of Maun but have two collegaues who went down to Jo'Burg then that way then eventually down to Namibia and they managed to gain about 2500hrs over 3-4 years.

Starting from 4 seat Cessna and ending up on ME Turbo props. It served them well as one now flies B747 and the other TPs for European companies.

I know that there is a question in there and I will try and answer what I think the question you kind off asked is!

Chap

First things first you are asking the question on the forum and are asking for peoples help so do not expect me to do the legwork of reading your posts from other threads!

Will you be hired?
Who knows get down there and find out if not someone else will!

Last Flight in Nov 08?
Suggest you get hands in pocket and get some cobwebs blown off even if it is in A C172 before you go out or you will look pretty rubbish compared to the guys who have just finished thier IR a few weeks before hand. Time spent in recce and preparation are never ever wasted you cannot be over prepared.

Re Bots CPL
It isn't really an option you will either have to fly on Bots CPL or a validation of your FAA one as you would be flying Bots registered a/c.

Travel to the US?!"£!$£"%£%
Why on earth would you do that. There are N reg aircraft all over Africa, India and Europe go and fly one of those instead. Why go all the way across the Atlantic spending money you don't probably have when you don't need too. If you are that wealthy then get an SSTR!

Equal Opportunity Employers
Ha ha!!! chap seriously what world do you live in. There are no such things except in Scandinavia and Holland. Basically get down there stand in someones in tray until they give you a job get some hours come back. It really is that simple no one cares how hard it is or where you sleep or how much money you have run out of.

There are times in life for taking and times for doing. You haven't flown since Nov 08 and you want someone to take you seriously. Get a flight in something somewhere then get down there and get on with it.

Harsh, probably but write me back in 5 years and tell me if I was right!

Good Luck VT