PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2010, 10:05
Smell the Coffee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all

Have been following this thread with interest, and, as someone about to embark on professional flight training here in the UK, I decided to apply for the CX CPP.

I have been fortunate enough to land an interview (Stage 1) quite soon.

However, a couple of things about this CPP are of concern to me.

In the first instance let me just say I don't wish to come across as arrogant in any way, shape or form.

It is certainly surprising to see an airline offering to pay for all of a cadet's training costs from zero to fATPL - something that is non-existent in the UK.

On the other hand, as a 'foreigner' with no ties to HK at all, I am concerned about the following.

1) The cost of living in HK and especially the rent. I've spoken to a couple of friends from Uni who now live in HK working for int'l companies. They all get an allowance for rent. When I quoted the CX SO salary and compared it to their average expenditure (conservative), I concluded that I would probably only just break even after all deductions.

2) How experience/hours are logged once an SO graduates and begins to fly the line.

Is it true that whilst an SO, no P2 time is logged whatsoever? I've seen references to P2X time .... what exactly is this, and who else apart from CX recognises this?

I hope I don't come across as ungrateful in any way, but I think it's prudent to ask these questions before I waste CX's time (or they waste mine ....)

At the end of the day, we all have to take risks in life, but it's better to take a calculated risk .... thanks guys.