PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Pilots to ballot for Industrial action
Old 24th Aug 2010, 23:09
Chaffinch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surely, the VA pilots who fly 750 hours per year ( the lowest in the industry). in the coolest airline on the planet
Dekkard, your statement (above) clearly shows that you have absolutely no idea about life at Virgin. Your comments are, at best, unwelcome.

Apart from the odd inane comment (such as Dekkard's), it is heartening to see the overall support for our fight. I fear that this is only the thin end of a very big wedge ! If VAA management 'win' on this one it will be the start of an inexorable slide towards T&C's on a par with Ryanair !

In one of Heavy Operator's excellent postings he states.....

It is all very well the "ignoranti" harping on about how lucky those pilots are having so much time off. The pilots and anyone else who has at least a basic understanding of what permanent long-haul flying is about will know that not knowing what days you will be working more than six weeks ahead, can and does have serious consequences on your home life.
Well, sadly I've just experienced the "serious consequences on home life" with the collapse of my marriage to a wife who couldn't deal with having a husband who is away from home for half of the month (and regularly more than that !). So, for all of the "ignoranti" who have the luxury of snuggling up on the sofa with 'the missus' in the evenings and can plan to do things with their kids at the weekend, spare a thought for those of us who routinely don't get to enjoy such luxuries and who would have even less scope to plan such things if our current management have their way.