PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viking Airlines
Thread: Viking Airlines
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2010, 19:54
Surrey Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PW, it is a huge mistake to try to justify your own shortcomings. A lesson you should have learned all the way through Goldcrest, XL and to Viking and Kiss. Your hands were fully engaged in all of them. I know it and you know it. It is rather silly to think that everyone will forgive you by bleating your fanciful notions that you are whiter than white.

You have let down many thousands of people who relied on you.

XL was not the fault of those you named - it was your fault. Peter Owen had a good track record and was perfectly capable so how come it all went pear shaped? You were the one who finished up with a large estate which cost a lot of money. That money came from the riches of the businesses you fronted.

I made a big mistake employing Peter Owen as CEO of XL and stood back whilst still the largest SH (part time dep Chairman) serving 1 years notice and basically let him and his army of consultants and so called experts destroy a business I had built since 1999 along with great people such as Steve Tomlinson and Eamonn Mullany and a superb Management Team and staff who were committed and dedicated to delivering a safe a secure operation and product second to none
Clearly, you still had the wherewithal to stop the rot even if it were true - but you did nothing. Why was that? Why didn't you act, as you most certainly should have done even as dep Chairman, presumably executive or non-exec, to stop what you knew would result in a catastrophic collapse of XL. You appear to be somewhat negligent in that. Was it perhaps because you were prepared only to protect your own position.

The fact is that you have done it again. The bs you spill about Sunwing, Iraq and others is fatuous. You are protecting yourself again. And how can you work again with a man who bought the wrath of Damocles to XL? Sorry, don't believe a word you say.

Like I said, you made a huge mistake in trying to use PPRuNe to somehow feel that you could lay to rest the pitiful errors you made from day one. Many of the members of PPRuNe would have at one time or another been employed by you..................see your mistake?