PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mixed standards.... Actions lie louder than words.
Old 24th Aug 2010, 19:48
Lonewolf_50

Received 420 Likes on 262 Posts
So it is fine for foreigners to break laws in Africa, enough of the respondents here see no problem with that, but the "US Govt" (thanks for the correction) hardly maintains that flexibility for a transgressor of their airspace.
It is fine? It appears from the consensus among folks who fly in parts of Africa that rules are inconsistently followed, even unenforced, to a greater degree than in other parts of the world. It appears from your posts that you expect the US Government to micromanage law enforcement in XX number of African nations ... but perhaps I misunderstand your intention.
So what is that if not a double standard?
Africa. It is also interesting to note that the cert was revoked/cnx in spring of this year. (see post a few up from this one).

That considered, is your complaint still valid (current?) in this case?

There is a thread on another sub forum here at PPRUNE about tales of unusual occurrences in Africa. It was for me fascinating reading, being someone who does not fly there.
I think fdr is concerned about activities which arguably compromise commercial air safety. I think such concern is appropriate, wherever those activities occur.
That appears to be part of the message.

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 24th Aug 2010 at 19:59.