PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet Hiring Experienced Pilots anytime soon?
Old 24th Aug 2010, 18:59
BitMoreRightRudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also think going after the fixed roster would be the biggest mistake Ezy would ever make and would only be drive by a combination of beancounters or misguided Managers driven by bonus culture as NSF so well puts.
I agree but the problem is you have pretty much described our upper echelons of management with the second half of your sentence. Although I don't agree with much of what Doug the Head says he does make some (unfortunately) valid points regarding the future rostering situation. Random rosters are already upon us and will continue as the company grows. All new cadets now join on a 2/3 year random pattern (as do all new cabin crew). I have it on good authority that Lyon is to be the next pilot base to be opened and it will be offered on a random roster only. Also any contract that would be offered were Lisbon to open any time soon. Internal command upgrades will be targeted for a random pattern and it is a matter of time before the management go after our smaller bases and offers them a "random roster or we review the viability of your base" deal. Also as Doug mentioned, the huge uptake of people willing to accept a random roster for extra cash has given HQ pause for thought and I am sure they will again offer similar deals in the future and before we know it a majority % of the pilot establishment will be working "flexi".

I am sure Balpa will oppose any such moves but the board knows this and will come after the fixed pattern in stealth mode. Ultimately I do think there will be enough poeple willing to give up a fixed pattern to move to their base of choice/earn more cash, or even just get a job with us as a new starter, to put the future of the fixed pattern in serious doubt. I would hope that the roster pattern is one thing those of us in balpa will actually stand together on - we shall see