PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Log Book Forgery
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2010, 17:57
Biggles78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Amatuer
Also, is it legal to have whiteout on our logbooks?
No. I single strikeout line through the incorrect entry is required.

I came to OZ in the mid 80s, from a country that will remain nameless so GG won't hang **** on me. I strolled into the Dept of Constant Name change with my logbook and my NZ, err mystery country's CPL and started the validation process. Was told that I need 200 hours ATOs (plus Law pass, medical etc) to get an OZ CPL. Totaled up my ATO hours and was about 20 short. Was real unhappy when I was handed a Student Licence.

Those 20 hours resulted in circumstances that had a major detrimental impact on my life and has lost me over 22 years of an aviation career because instead of logging the extra hours in ZK BIC, I took the SPL, got a PPL, sat all the OZ CPL exams and then buggered my back in a factory while saving for the MECIR that was next after the CPL flight test.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to be honest so I really hope that airbus captain mentioned months ago (he doesn't deserve a capital C in his title) and all the others who have gotten flying jobs with bogus hours get caught and have their lives turned upside down.

On the upside, I hope to have my medical back in the next few months and then at the ripe young age of 54 it is out and try and find a job. I still have 15 to 20 years plus flying time left. Really not looking forward to driving up round FNQ and WA.....I HATE driving, k it!