PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2010, 17:36
finalcall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Chaps...

Good day to you all.Have some thing to say about the E jets here..
The E jets have the capability to make a single sector profitable( which is pretty good thing).. But in GF's case this is not entirely true. Try to think out side the box.... Its the matter of overall load. I remember that the load between in the KHI route used to be pretty high and most of those from KHI either used to continue their journey to JED or LHR. Now lets convert the 320/330 aircraft which flies from KHI to BAH with an E jet.The EMB will have a full load on that route. But the flights to JED and LHR will be greatly affected..And the E jet is not fully capable increasing the "over all load". There is another correct word for it but i cannot recall it at the moment...Long story short, E jets are not right for gulf air.
I can tell you all that working for gulf air gives you experience that not airline can. So please think twice before you decide to leave. And as for Gulf Air closing, this is not entirely possible. As Bahrain Prince Salman will try his best to prevent this from happening.