PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Age 60 Limit To End
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2010, 16:03
engfireleft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine left fire... Please quote the current federal law (as A/C is governed by federal law) that backs up your claim.
Oh come on. The CHRT ruling on Vilven and Kelly almost exactly one year ago is all we need to know. If that's not enough look at how provincial and territorial jurisdictions have changed, and look at recent measures the federal government is taking. Look at similar rulings the CHRT has taken that have nothing to do with Air Canada.

Tell me you don't see a trend here.

It is ACPA's deliberate blindness to this trend that, with the company's help, is going to be so expensive and destructive to our pilot group. Failing to recognize the significance of last august's ruling and continuing to force pilots out as if it didn't even happen is an ongoing disaster in the making.

yycflyguy said:
Haven't done the math myself, but I take them at their word as I have looked at the option of A320 FO vs EMB CA and agree with the choice of sitting senior on junior equipment.
Do the math yourself. Better yet, try being an EMJ captain and you will see the difference. From personal experience the difference is around $30,000 no matter which way you want to slice it. But you stay on the 320 if you want and give up the pay, just don't expect sympathy from me for your loss of career earnings.

Last edited by engfireleft; 24th Aug 2010 at 19:22.