PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 70 for international pilots?
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2010, 14:37
lambourne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The old timers control the process, and if they lobby hard enough (and I suspect they will) age 70 is within reach
Hey Mendoza, since you are a contract whore that has had to nomad his career at s*&^ box operations in the rectum of the earth. Go ahead and fly til you croak. You are not relevant to this conversation. If your flea bag company wants to let you fly the unwashed to unwanted places then go ahead. Someone has to haul the trash, might was well be YOU.

Interesting that you could not land a job with a reputable US company over the years. With your age you would have been prime for some of the serious hiring booms that occurred over the years. You like to talk about pensions for the the legacy pilots but you speak out your arse. While the A-plan was terminated at most of the US carriers the B-funds remain intact. In fact the pilots that are hanging on should have significant amounts of money in their B-funds. But the freaking geniuses have some terrible investing skills. They know better than the fund manager and tend to either make poor choices with their own best knowledge or borrow money from the account to buy a Corvette (yes, last guy I flew with did that, moron)

The good news for you 411 or should I say mendoza, is that I have enough in my B-fund now to retire at 60. Hell I can even go at 55. That is the best part. I don't define myself by what I do and walking away and living my life with a tidy sum is good for me. Of course by the time I retire I am sure you will be taking a dirt nap. Hasta La Vista Mendoza.