PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career changes for ex Cabin crew?
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2010, 14:23
acchaladka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mgmt perspective

I kind of got engrossed in this thread for some reason on my day off, so pardon this SLF intrusion.

Chin up! Speaking as someone who hires and fires and also plays SLF to your wagon dragon (tit for tat!), I have to say there are excellent diligent hardworking CC and then there are...louts. You all know what I mean I believe.

The previous poster who ran through the "you have skills, emphasize those" routine regarding applying for work elsewhere, is bang on. I would be very glad to hire some of the (especially multilingual) FA's who I've seen at work who have been professional, on time, have thought in advance about what I might want as a customer, hit their marks at the right time, etc. As an interviewer I'm going to think that you are pretty good at managing personalities in customers (from drunks to grabbers to prima-donnas) and workmates (from demanding to just mean). I could see a lot of qualities to hire.

What I would be looking out for is the mean FAs, the one who have stayed in a job they hate and become meaner and meaner over the years, as well as the ones who can't cope on a routinely bad day - people who really should change jobs in other words.

Accha

PS. I'm 39 in two weeks! [Because everyone else was putting up their age eh? ]