PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India, Corruption and Foreign Pilots
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2010, 10:25
jimmygill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
most Indian students doing their CPL outside India. They just fly 40 hrs instrument 20 on actual and then 20 sim followed by inhouse checks with the instructor of the school fill some forms and presto they come bak to india and get IR endorsed on their DGCA CPL licence.what they learn about Instrument flying nothin zero zilch.

While I agree to your sentiment I must diagree with content..

1. There are "Indian" students in USA too, they get thier Instrument Rating after evaluation by a Designated Pilot Examiner, not by mere logging.. yes its true some schools have in house DPEs, but those compromising standards, is only a tiny minority.

2. Do you mean to say they get Indian IR without getting a New Zealand IR?

@ Airjet

1. 289 ALTP issued in first three quarters of 2010
2. 450 expat pilots currently in India
3. in next three quarters I expect the number of ALTP issued will be more than 500

Since most pilots get the time requirment for ALTP through airline experience, it takes about 3-4 years to get the total hours and p1/us necessary for ALTP, those hired during the boom of 2006-2007 are now nearing thier ALTP hours requirement.

At the same time there are badly managed airlines with short sighted training departments, its possible that they will experience some shortage in near future, but not something severe... The real shortage may come if the fallout of Mangalore Crash is able to revive the FDTL requirements of 2007.