PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Troops returning from Helmand pay for own flights
Old 24th Aug 2010, 08:36
StopStart

Champagne anyone...?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re-read the post old girl and then have another go. A realistic and adult approach to Flight Safety is what keeps us all safe in this business. Bleating about the lack of fluffiness of your pillows in a FS report is what keeps the rest of us chortling. Talk me through your analogy again though as I don't quite follow. The Herc crew were fabulously well rested as they had probably had their feet up at home for the previous month or two prior to that "fateful" trip; I fail to see the connection? Perhaps too much "rest" is a bad thing?

we are as fresh as possible
You said it yourself; "possible" is the operative word here. Sometimes that big old 5 star feather bed just isn't "possible".

I'll agree that any fool can be uncomfortable and the AT world is well known for it's "Checking In and not Digging In" approach to life but there is a limit and the actions of certain crew members I have had the misfortune to personally witness whilst travelling with you lot left me ashamed to be a member of the same Service. I'm not having a go at 216 per se by the way - I know people on the sqn who are just as embarrassed by the actions of a few as the rest of us are. I just strongly object to the misuse of the Flight Safety card.

Get over yourself and get on with your job.

PS. A big thank you from the rest of the AT world for ballsing up the rates/allowances "system" in AKR