PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots of Australia - time to unite - Meeting Aug 23
Old 24th Aug 2010, 07:47
victor two

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flogging the deadest of dead horses...

For gods sake... I only log in and check pprune about 3 times a year for a laugh. Last time I logged on the same stuff was being thrashed out.

I ejected out of that idiot infested industry years ago over the same issues that are still being beaten to death today for a far more interesting career. Best thing i ever did - great money, lots of opportunity, overly generous employers who invest in me and reward my efforts and I can guarantee that i will never be out of work as long as I want it and where I want to live. Best of all, almost no pathetic unions talking about what happened 30 year ago.

I respect you guys for fighting the good fight but I think you are wasting your time. Go have your pilot meeting but let me promise you:
You wont win.
You wont change a thing.
Youi never had "the power" so dont expect to win it back.
Most of you will cave in and roll over on day one.
The company will always outsmart you or out negotiate you.
Your little $2.57 payment per week to your union mates will do nothing to stop company plans.
Your jobs will be sent whenever they want them sent.
You will be probably working harder next year for less remuneration.
You will still be pecking at the little tray of aeroplane food off your lap at 3am over the ocean absolutely hating the dropkick sitting beside you in another year.

Good luck but this landmark meeting will be another pilot winge-fest and will not have influenced the stategic directions of large employers by one single millimeter. They have you by the plums and they know it. Deep down, you know it also.

I dont know why people continue to do it. Flying really isn't that interesting anymore. To those effected, enjoy living in Saigon or Taipei or whatever asian smog hole they pack you off to. I'll log in in another few months and see how well you all get on.

Good luck boys and girls.