PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inaccurate logbook entries
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2010, 03:26
Dalmatian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From post #21
I suspect - and hope I am very wrong - that the spotted dog was asking ways to fudge a log book and get away with it.

Nothing so sinister I assure you. Quite the contrary in fact. Nor was I trying to open a debate about 'rules of thumb'. And as far as I am aware my log book reflects time logged strictly in accordance with the CAOs and CARs and I am happy to have it audited at any time.

My main aim in posting was to get answers to the following questions:

1)
If you are made aware that someone is currently, or has in the past been exaggerating flight time in their log book what are your legal obligations?

2) Are there any implications for an organizations Chief Pilot if they are aware that a pilot employed in their organization has inflated flight time in the past? If they continue to do so while employed by the organization as a pilot?

3)
What are the insurance implications for the organization if they allow that pilot to use their aircraft, knowing that there may be false or inflated flight time?

4)
Would you employ a pilot if you had suspicions about the accuracy of their log book? Does this reflect on their general integrity, would this person be a risk of breaches of professionalism in other aspects of their flying, or is it a common enough occurance to be allowable under some circumstances with careful monitoring?

I'd love to get your opinions on those questions.
Thanks,

Spotted Dog