PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Casual Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2010, 02:58
avigirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still highly sort after with thousands applying for a handful of positions and same still applies, varied backgrounds and ages with a variety of life experiences - a few of them might be on the young side but have you seen any of the airlines careers websites? states you have to be over 18, so if they really want mid twenties/thirties with heaps of life experience etc, why don't they just put that and stop wasting peoples time (not saying that everyone in that older age/life experience background is mature and not wrong for the job too though). You shouldn't generalise about these people, i've seen some pretty immature and apaulling cabin service from some of the so called pick of the bunch over the years.

And everyone is using social networking sites to advertise for positions nowadays. I've seen some pretty unprofessional photos of airline crews, on their f/book accounts, with some being in full uniform . Unless these new recruits know someone on the inside, how would they know this training is usually done over a six week period and that the pay hasn't always been that bad? They probably think it is how is always was. As far as they're concerned, they're probably just excited to get into a job they want to do, just like you were once upon a time (your good fortune to have been paid twice, or more, as much and not treated like some sort of inadequate subspecies though). Try not to discriminate against these people, it's not their fault. Management are the selfish, greedy bastards in this situation. Would you feel better if they were trained over the six weeks and given better conditions? I'm sure they would relish it too. Take it up with companies concerned and do your best to rectify the situation.