PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots of Australia - time to unite - Meeting Aug 23
Old 24th Aug 2010, 01:24
A. Le Rhone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And most importantly don't forget the PR Spin of Safety, Safety, Safety.

Australian airlines must utilise Australian pilots - Australian trained and Australian licenced pilots with a defined minimum experience level.

This is not just PR spin either. I genuinely wouldn't let my family fly on a number of overseas airlines but I'm in the know about which airlines are killers. Why should the Australian public risk this scenario just because some ladder climbing CEO wants to line his pocket with bigger bonus payments because he's saved money by employing potentially very dodgy but cheap non-Australian licenced or trained pilots?

It's mind boggling that it's even considered. Part of me suggests that it's not really being considered at all, it's just a tactic to engender fear in you guys and inflict even poorer working conditions on you.

You have taken the first step to ensure that not only are those poorer conditions rejected but that you finally claw back some of the conditions already lost.

Create a truly united union that focuses only on 2010 Forward and combined with the looming/already happening global pilot shortage you will be unbeatable.