PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots of Australia - time to unite - Meeting Aug 23
Old 24th Aug 2010, 01:04
7x7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today (24th August) is the 21st anniversary of the day many would say that the rot that sees Australian aviation in the sorry state it's in today set in - the day the domestic pilots resigned en masse (the vast - and I mean vast - majority of them unknowingly, but let's not go there),

Gents, let me wish you well with all my heart.

I'm so glad to see, after all this time, that someone has at last cried "enough!". There'll be the naysayers, the company stooges, those looking to take advantage of the situation, the gloom and doomers... and any number of dirty tricks by (the misnamed) management. You simply have to stick together and stay within the law - and most importantly, keep the public informed of your side of the story by employing a professional PR company, because the companies will be spreading the 'underworked, fat cat, silver-tailed pilots' line to everyone who'll listen - and too many of the Australian Great Unwashed are all too ready to believe that.