PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why no helo transport? Are we condemning our diggers to an easy victimology?
Old 24th Aug 2010, 00:50
7x7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheShadow, the overriding sentiment from today's rotary wing flyers seems to be "What would you know, you silly old fart. This isn't 40 years ago."

Perhaps I should amend that to read: "What would you know, you silly old RAAF fart."

I can't help but feel that there are more than a few among the current generation of Army flyers who have swallowed the extremely skewed views of a few now senior Army people who oversold their case to get their hands on the helicopters with the line that the RAAF worked only from 1100 to 1430 hours Monday to Friday and only ever slept in five star hotels - and that however the RAAF did it, the Army would do it differently.

Tin hat (I'm too old to own a kevlar) on and chinstrap secure as I await the inevitable incoming. But after you've calmed down a bit, guys, I think most of you will admit that there's more than a little of that sentiment out there. Take a look at some of the utter rubbish posted on the AAAA's site (and their refusal to allow any contrary views to be posted) before you say there isn't.