PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2010, 18:40
Entaxei

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BASSA structure

A number of comments have been made about various aspects of Bassa's capability to do things differently from the normal course of events - i.e. passing changes to the Bassa rules that allow the normal change of officers/reps to be delayed until this dispute is over, thereby keeping all the militants in place - previously making changes that only Bassa can call off the IA or any other activity in this dispute - having sole authority to accept or deny any offer made by BA - all of which apparently leaves Unite helpless to intervene and are not normal rules for a trade union. As a result I find it quite easy to believe that the Bassa has been structured over time to be of benefit primarily to those running it.

In the meantime the militants still appear to be very active, creating new trolls or constructed apologists to try and gain sympathy for Bassa and co, twisting any facts in their way. One of the most wicked things I have ever seen is the Bassa release to their members around October last year, stating that they had continually tried to negotiate with BA, who refused to have any meaningful meetings with them, but that Bassa would continue trying with all their might to obtain a just resolution and members should not even read any statements from their employer BA.

This was subsequently blown out of the water at the court hearing regarding inposition, when it became apparent that Bassa had for many months, refused all opportunities to meet or negotiate and were blindly intent on IA and trying to win back control of BA operations. That release to their members was in my view the worst case of lying, twisted propoganda since the war, the problem being that so many believed it, having been primed to only believe Bassa, that the world was flat!

And so it continues on the other thread, Angelica 20102010 pops up, a 37 year old 4 poster in Italy, explaining how it can't all be Bassa's fault. A poster 'Asperge' fights anyone who says anything bad about Bassa. Somewhere else a supposed CC 'Keving Cok' has apparently been fired and is bitterly complaining about injustice and that 62 have been suspended and 12 sacked, if those are true figures, in my view, we have a long way to go yet. I don't know the way in which any posters are accepted/vetted on the other thread, but it would save a lot of wasted effort if these non CC BA staff/Trolls were filtered out earlier - but I do appreciate that its difficult.