PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Routes to becoming a pilot
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2010, 17:27
UAV689

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
go to Uni, get a back up plan, +have fun there. Job market is awful, maybe for a while yet. How would you feel spending 80k, having to make loan repayments of 1100 quid a month and not have a job, and not be able to get a half decent one without a degree?

While your at uni join the univeristy air squadron, the best flying you will do, fantastic training and all the hours you do count towards your PPL, oh did I mention you get all that for free and actually get paid for it. Fantastic.

While your at uni, join the gliding club! great cheap flying, you will learn loads.

Oh and whilst your not flying, have some fun with the uni girls

Dont fall for one of these airline management courses, load of old rubbarb if you ask me. Your basically shooting yourself in the foot twice, when the airline world hits recession and you cant get a pilot job you wont be able to fall back on your degree as they wont be hiring anyone! So do a degree outside of aviation is the safest bet.

Dont discount the money to be made by having a trade. Most of my wealthiest mates have trades, work for themself, and therefore would be easy to train when you want and have the money. My brother just built an extension and walked away with 10k. That would be a CPL thank you very much, go and build another one and there is your IR paid for.