PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Pilots to ballot for Industrial action
Old 23rd Aug 2010, 16:33
MR7958

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I can gather, the Balpa monthly meeting is to take place tomorrow. So as an interested member of the public, how likely is it that a ballot will take place tomorrow? And if the ballot was to confirm IA how soon would this be likely to be to take place?
I'm due to fly VS to LAX on 18 September, so have been looking into this. My understanding is the union has to give a week's notice of the ballot and, if the ballot result is in favour of a strike, a further week's notice of the date of the strike itself. I gather no notice of ballot has been given yet, so if that notice were given tomorrow the ballot could begin on 31 August. If it lasted a week (and I honestly don't know how long most ballots stay open for - BAA was just under three weeks, but that was a much larger group to poll) then strikes could start by 14 September 2010.

Am selfishly hoping for a delay to the ballot or a voting period of a fortnight!