PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 23rd Aug 2010, 14:09
asperge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Asperge,

You make the classic BASSA error in spouting rhetoric in lieu of fact. No-one who signed the contract offer from BA is headed to New Fleet or a 70% paycut and repeating it here and elsewhere a thousand times over doesn't make it a fact. I've read the letter forensically and it's as cast iron as you're ever likely to see in a corporate framework. As for those claiming that the signees have agreed to lose the redeployment agreement too, well, it makes a good rant but it isn't true. In fact, BA specifically refer to such corporate policies as being under the auspices of contractual negotiations so will only be altered globally and by that mechanism. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good rumour tho' will you?

MrB
Actually I think you got the wrong way round. The people being offered the 70% pay cut or loss of their jobs are actually the Singapore and Hong Kong based national crew. They backed BA and that is their thanks for it. I hope other non unionised groups are prepared for the same treatment as it at least shows where BA's loyalty lies. You've taken my earlier post, misunderstood it and then twisted it to fit your purpose. But don't let the truth get in the way of a good attack on other trade unionists will you?