PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2010, 10:35
meadowbank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
baston
I must have missed something along the way! What unserviceability are you referring to that "caused the accident"?

I thought that the jury was still out on what caused the crash. Could even have been pilot error he said in hushed tones....................
I agree that the accident could have been caused by human error but we cannot rule out any of several different possible failures that would have led to the aircraft flying into the granite-stuffed hill rather than in its intended direction. Therefore there is doubt regarding the cause of the accident and it would have been unreasonable to find the two dead pilots grossly negligent "beyond reasonable doubt" let alone "beyond any doubt whatsoever".

Although the MoD will say that the evidence is not new, much evidence regarding the less-than-airworthy state of the HCMk2 has come to light since Day & Wratten reached their now infamous unfounded conclusion and this travesty must be righted, then the circumstances surrounding the entry into service of this aircraft should be investigated.