PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where next for CRM?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2010, 10:28
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KAKG

May I suggest that you consider that any system or process that has the potential to prevent one our little errors (we are all human, after all) becoming a smoking hole with the demise of numerous fellow human beings (or even ourselves) should be considered and employed as often as possible. If you don't believe that knowledge of human factors, threat and risk management and CRM does this for anyone with the responsibilty of large masses of aluminium and flesh, then I feel for you. Sadly, I accept that CRM and Flight Safety are difficult concepts to measure (in terms of cost-effectiveness) but if you look at things from the perspective of money and lives wasted because of human/crew failures (which runs to many $/£ millions for most big airlines) then anything that that reduces that 'bill', is a bonus and money well spent. I firmly believe that human factors and CRM training and awareness does this and, if done properly, makes the company/organisation, safer, better to work for and itself more profitable. This is common-sense. The sad thing about common-sense is that it is not as common as people think!